Saturday, April 24, 2010

Garden

Last Saturday we worked on a garden at my mom's house. David really wanted a garden this year and seeing as we don't have any yard, we got creative and asked my mom if we could plant at her house. She has a great space for a garden next to her house and so we worked together to come up with a plan for the space. We got the soil ready last Saturday and just when that was done it started to pour. We took a break and soon enough it was dry enough to plant. We planted a few things and then will be planting the rest soon. I am excited to see what comes of these little seeds. Thinking back I can't really remember actually successfully growing something from seed. My mom is a wonderful gardener and I have enjoyed many home grown veggies but have never planted them myself. We are both excited to see our little plants grow...and to have something tasty as a result!

David has entered a busy season at work. This is bad news for everyone involved and we are looking forward to June when it hopefully will go back to normal. Aidan still gets to spend quality time with Daddy at night and is usually full of smiles and words for David when he gets home.

No comments: